It’s almost impossible to tell you where to find the best car insurance deals, due to the fact that there are way too many factors to take into consideration, what may be a good deal you with one company may well be the worse deal available for your neighbour at the very same insurance company.
Now its common knowledge that its far cheaper to ensure a car like a ford Fiesta than it is to insure a top of the range BMW, each and every car sits within its own insurance group, as well as its own tax band too, so as with everything it’s always good to do your research before you buy. Today I am going to share with you the top ten cars for cheap car insurance as listed by the clever people at USwitch.com.
- 1. Chevrolet Spark, Both cheap to buy and very cheap to run, this car is a great little number for safety according to the reviews, and what it lacks in performance it more than makes up for in savings, both on the insurance side of life and the tax too.
2. Citroen C1, Cheap to run and insure this popular little motor is great for young first time drivers, some Citroen deals come with one year’s free insurance which gives new drivers a chance to build up some no claims bonus too.
3. Fiat Panda Boasting a super-efficient engine, the pocket-sized Panda is a practical city car with low running costs across all models.
4. Vauxhall Corsa Hatchback, A very popular car with young drivers this one, all models since 2006 sit in the lowest insurance group 1, again worth looking out for free insurance deals on the brand new models.
5. Volkswagen Fox and Up, This little number wasn’t ever intended for the UK market having been designed for Brazil only, but the Fox is cheap to run and offers good fuel economy. Its successor, the Up, won What Car? ‘Car of the Year’ for 2012.
6. Ford Fiesta, The UKs best-selling the car the Fiesta has come a long way in recent years, with some expellant added features such as Bluetooth and the EcoBoost petrol engine, sitting in group 2 fo0r insurance and low tax band it’s a great car, I drove one of these for two weeks last year, personally I think this should rate number one.
7. Nissan Pixo, This collaboration between Nissan and fellow Japanese manufacturer Suzuki, the Pixo is cheap to buy and comes with extremely low running costs, not for long distance driving but great about town.
8. Peugeot Partner Tepee, Billed as a people carrier this is only slightly bigger than a hatchback, but again great on the insurance and maintenance costs are very low and it generally only needs servicing every two years.
9. Skoda Fabia Hatchback and Estate, Part of the Volkswagen group, the Fabia Hatchback and Estate are both in car insurance group 2 as a result of their low prices and solid engineering, Skoda really have lifted their game over the last 20 years, a lot of car for very little outlay.
10. Smart Fortwo Coupe and Cabriolet, Smart cars are renowned for being able to squeeze into tight spaces so great for city driving and often attract cheap car insurance, though servicing and parts can be expensive, so make sure you do your research in terms of where and how much to maintain this cheeky little car.