After the success of our last set of recipes which we posted back in June we have decided to bring you some more of our favourites from the web, this time we have looked at the fantastic BBC Good Food site and found three of our favourites, all of which we are or have tried at home.
If you decided to give these a whirl yourself let us know how you get on, maybe send in a picture of your version or let us know if you made any changes or additions. We are always on the lookout for money saving recipes which look and taste great so if you have your own please do send them in.
Greek-style roast fish
- 5 small potatoes (about 400g), scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped ½ tsp dried oregano or ½ tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon , cut into wedges
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 fresh skinless pollock fillets (about 200g)
- small handful parsley, roughly chopped
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Tip the potatoes, onion, garlic, oregano and olive oil into a roasting tin, season, and then mix together with your hands to coat everything in the oil. Roast for 15 mins, turn everything over and bake for 15 mins more.
Add the lemon and tomatoes, and roast for 10 mins, then top with the fish fillets and cook for 10 mins more. Serve with parsley scattered over.
Cauliflower, paneer & pea curry
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 225g pack paneer, cut into cubes
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 heaped tbsp tikka masala paste
- 500g carton passata
- 200g frozen peas
- small pack coriander, roughly chopped
- basmati rice or naan breads, to serve
- raita or your favourite chutney, to serve
Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the paneer and fry gently until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the remaining oil and the cauliflower to the pan, and cook for 10 mins until browned. Add the onions, and a little more oil if needed, and cook for a further 5 mins until softened. Stir in the garlic and curry paste, then pour in the passata and 250ml water, and season. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 18-20 mins or until the cauliflower is just tender.
Add the frozen peas and crispy paneer to the pan and cook for a further 5 mins. Stir through most of the coriander and garnish with the rest. Serve with basmati rice or naan bread, raita or your favourite chutney.
Egg & rocket pizzas
- 2 seeded wraps
- a little olive oil, for brushing
- 1 roasted red pepper, from a jar
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 eggs
- 65g pack rocket
- ½ red onion, very thinly sliced